ARTIST BOOK-4

I applied the paper folding technique for my fourth artist book, but I gave it a vintage look by burning the edges. The white paper took on an unusual charm when it turned a rich brown color with uneven edges. Next, to maintain the rustic look without adding extra weight, I decided to use jute to hold the tiny wooden sticks on the first page rather than heavy wooden ones.

I created a basic line drawing on the second page, emphasizing a circular shape with yellow and orange paint. The lines stand for stability and strength; the horizontal lines represent stability and calmness, and the vertical lines stand for height and resiliency. My book is made up of several stories that are told through the symbols and design on each page.

On the third page, I creatively added texture by layering tissue paper over and over again and scrubbing. In my hands, waste tissue paper turned into an artistic medium. Lastly, to emphasize the book's central theme of connectivity, I created a pattern illustrating connectivity on page four using needle dots and thread. Every page is a unique work of art that demonstrates my affection of originality and skill. 

Material: jute, thread, paper, needle, color paper, pen, glue.

References: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSsXetYZveY

                    https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/138204282308414541


       
Fig.4.Top view 


Fig.3.
Fig.1.

Fig.2.



    




 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HOPE PUNK

POTENTIAL SITE VISIT

INSIDE THE WORLD OF INTERIOR ARCHITECTURE