FIRST ARTIST BOOK

Making My First Artist Book: using theme of "Hope Punk in the City"

With Professor Brown's guidance and the inspiration from digital and physical references, making my first artist book was an exciting journey. My creative process was made easier by the priceless Moodle resources that Professor Brown shared. I studied the exhibitions and portfolios of past students, taking the reference of their hard copy artist books and learning from Professor Brown's own masterwork.

I began drafting my book. With just an A4 piece of paper and a pencil, I carefully sketched out the city's locations, routes, and important spots. Instead of using stitches or glue to make my book, I decided to use the simple folding method. The minimalist approach kept the focus on the book's content and theme.

 I improved my artistic abilities and learned more about the idea of "Hope Punk" Making my artist book was an enjoyable task that gave me the chance to explore important themes in the context of interior architecture and design while also showing my creativity. 


Materials needed:

  1. Scissor
  2. 1 piece of paper A4 size white paper.

References:


fig.2.unfold Artist book

fig.2. folding Artist book

fig.3.Artist book samples





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HOPE PUNK

POTENTIAL SITE VISIT

INSIDE THE WORLD OF INTERIOR ARCHITECTURE